Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #91

Hello and welcome to my blog!  I'm so glad you stopped by!  Today we have another fun challenge over at My Sheri Crafts.  This time it's called: "Back & Forth" - Use an accordion/fan fold as one of your project's elements ... can be simply a strip, fan, rosette -- whatever you imagine!


This is a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 card base so I took 2 strips of paper 2" x 8 1/2" and scored the folds at intervals of 1", then 1/2", then 1", then 1/2".  So they were scored at 1", 1 1/2", 2 1/2", 3", 4", 4 1/2", 5 1/2, 6", etc.  I glued the 2 strips together then added some trim and some really pretty pink glitter.

The sentiment stamp is from Stampabilities.


A closeup of the cute trim that was in a stash my DT sister sent me!

More trim to finish out the inside and there you have it!  Now it's your turn to start folding and join us at My Sheri Crafts.  Be sure to check out all my DT sister's creations, they do such beautiful work!  Maybe you will be our next Guest Designer!  Have fun!

7 comments:

  1. Sarah, the colors that you chose for this card are so soft and soothing. This is so pretty to look at and I love the added surprise of finding the trim inside the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRETTY card, Sarah! LOVE your accordion-folded focal design and that sweet pink trim, as well as the fact that added 1 flower to your sentiment and another strip inside -- CLEVER and sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    This is such a beautiful card. I really like the way you folded the paper to create this pretty card. The way you used the trim is wonderful. I especially like the way you have the little flower on the top of the card. And then when you open the card, what a great surprise to see the trim again.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, I just love how you folded that BEAUTIFUL paper like you did! Such a LOVELY card!!! That trim just was the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah the idea of using that trim with that fold is great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sarah! Love the paper fold and the pretty trim is perfect with it! Pretty inside too!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... never thought of doing what you did with this card. Beautiful job and topped with embroidered trimmings. Gorgeous colors too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!