Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Sheri Crafts #104 - Time to go Fishin'!

Hello all!  I'm so glad you stopped by today.  It's time for another fun challenge over at My Sheri Crafts.  This week our challenge runs through March 1st and "It's Time to go Fishin'! "  March 1st is the first day of Trout season.  I live near a state park so March 1st is a big deal in our town.  We even let out school for the first day of Trout Season!  So in this challenge I've asked everyone to include a fish in your project.  Here's mine:

The paper is from Die Cuts With a View and the cuts are all from Animal Kingdom.  

I cut the fishbowl and the shadow cut from an old clear cutting mat cover so it would look like glass and you could see through it, just as you would a real fishbowl.  Then I made an outline cut of the bowl with silver metallic paper so I could glue the two pieces together with the fish, water and plant in between.  I used some old shell and sand stickers from my stash.  

Doesn't it look like real glass?

The sentiment cut is also from Animal Kingdom,  with another coulple of "O"s and a bubble welded to it.  I bit of doodling with my white gel pen and a few gems from The Paper Studio and there you have it!

OK---your turn!  Head on over to My Sheri Crafts and join in the fun!  Be sure to leave some bloggie love for all the design team!  Hope you have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, this little fish in a bowl is so cute! Great idea to use the mat cover as the see through fish tank! I think that doodling with the white gel pen was the perfect touch to the lettering! :)
    Hugs,
    Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Sarah! I love love that long "helloooo"

    Adorable card and that fish looking straight at me is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cleverly-created card, Sarah -- LOVE the 'glass' fish bowl, your fun fishy and great sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card with bright, happy colors and I love the way you positioned the sentiment on top! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thank you for leaving me a note!